Arm bike exercise is an effective way to get your heart rate up, without putting stress on your legs and knees. A perfect choice for upper body workout! It is also known as a rotational ergometer or an indoor arm cycle.
In this article we will discuss everything you need to know about arm biking, including how to use it properly for the best results, and some of the benefits that come with using this type of exercise equipment. Let’s dive right into it!
How to perform arm bike exercise
- Warm up with 2 minutes of cardio and dynamic stretches before each arm bike workout. This will help get your heart pumping and muscles warm so that you can exercise more efficiently and prevent injuries.
- Seat or stand upright with your cores engaged at all time. Make sure the Arm Bike is not too near or far from you so that it’s comfortable for you when pedaling.
- Place your hands on the pedal and adjust your gripping to your preferable position.
- To begin, slowly push down with your arms to start pedaling.
- Pedal in a smooth and fluid motion with your arms bent at 90 degrees. You can increase or decrease the resistance by turning the control knob at the front of the machine.
- To stop pedaling, release tension by slowing down the pedals until they come to a complete stop. You may also relax pedal in reverse direction during break intervals.
- Remember to maintain proper body posture and breathing technique throughout the exercise. Take a break whenever necessary.
Arm Bike Benefits
- Perfect for physical therapy equipment or as exercise bikes for seniors.
- It is a low-impact workout. This means that it is easy on your joints, which can be especially beneficial if you are just starting out with fitness or have any joint pain.
- Arm biking is great for strengthening and toning your upper body muscles.
- Arm bike is a great option and new way to add resistance training to your workout routine. Because the resistance on an arm bike can be adjusted, you can make your workout as challenging or easy as you want it to be.
- The arm bike improves cardiovascular health and endurance level.
- It helps with weight loss and stress relief.
Arm Bike Muscles Worked
- The arm bike is an exercise that targets the biceps, triceps, and pectorals. Arm bike machine provides an excellent workout for these areas of our bodies as it targets them all at the same time with its exercises that are designed especially by using muscles which can be easily strengthened through use at home or outdoor.
So if you are looking for a new way to get fit and improve your cardiovascular health, give Arm Bike Machine a try! You may be surprised at how much you enjoy this type of exercise and how great you feel afterwards.