Did you know that lactose intolerance affects around 75% of the world population? When the body fails to digest lactose, bacteria ferment it, leading to the production of gases. These gases cause stomach problems associated with lactose intolerance. This reason leads to the production of lactose-free protein powders, gluten-free types, and other organic protein power options.
Choosing a suitable protein powder can be challenging. Luckily, the products are always available in the market. So, we took the liberty of reviewing the 10 best lactose-free protein powders for you. So if you are lactose-intolerant or just looking for a lactose-free powder, this all-inclusive guide made by Fitboot aims to help you narrow down your selection.
Our top pick is Legion Whey+ Chocolate Whey Isolate Protein Powder. It’s an all-natural protein powder, and science backs the whole processing. The Optimum Nutrition Platinum Hydrobuilder came second. It has a high concentration of naturally occurring amino acids. Now, let’s see what each protein powder has to offer you!
Best Lactose-Free Protein Powders at a Glance
Table of Contents
Legion Whey+ Chocolate Whey Isolate Protein Powder comes from grass-fed cows. Mike Mathews created this protein exclusively for lactose-intolerant people. Wherein the high-quality milk that are source from dairy farms in Ireland, making it a mouth-watering, high-protein, low-calorie whey protein powder.
You can reach your fitness goals by mixing the formula in milk, water, or any other smoothie. This Legion Whey is unique with the natural sweetness and flavors. Even so, you get 22 grams of protein per serving with minimal or no carbohydrates. Isn’t that healthy for you?
Finally, the manufacturer created this lactose free protein powder with you in mind. But, if you feel unsatisfied with this low carb protein powder, then notify the manufacturer. The customer care desk is prompt and will respond to your concerns and even refund your purchase.
Are you looking for a lactose free protein powder concentrate with a significant protein per serving? Then About Time Whey Isolate Protein might be precise. It has 25 grams of whey protein per each serving. It is also one of the cleanest whey protein powder on the market since its certified as NON-GMO Ultra Micro-filtered Whey Isolate.When it comes to the flavor, it is enhanced by the natural sweetness of Stevia so you don’t need to worry about any hidden calories. These protein powders work well before and after a workout. Mix it into shakes, or other solutions, then take it for better results.
Other than the protein in this powder, you will have the 5g of naturally occurring Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) for each serving. These BCAAs are beneficial to building and recovering muscles. Finally, you get to the taste of various flavors available. These include the Chocolate Peanut Butter, Strawberry, Plain Chocolate or Vanilla. The choice is yours!
Are you searching for a vegan protein powder? Well, look no further since the Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Plant-Based Protein Powder has it all. This brand manufactures protein powders that are source from 100% organic plants. These include peas, Sacha Inchi, brown rice, and a mix of ancient grains. The best thing is, you can mix it into water or other liquids of your choice and drink.
The protein powder has more than 15 different flavors so that you will have something for your taste. Luckily, the protein is GMO-free, articular sugars, and artificial flavors. These features make your protein supplement a healthy selection for your upcoming workout.
Finally, if you are budget-savvy but still want to get the protein concentrate, then this vegan protein powder might work for you. It is popular in various online marketing platforms. However, buying it from our suggested stores will save you on budget.
If you know anything about soybeans, it shouldn’t be a surprise that they are an excellent source of protein. This Soy Protein Isolate guarantees you high build, excellent strength, and muscle creation. This is because of the complete amino acid profile. Since the formula is derived from soybeans, you will get a traditional whey vegan protein powder.
Furthermore, this protein whey protein isolate has 258 mg of calcium. As usual, calcium strengthens bones, which will support you during the rigorous exercise. Also, calcium plays a significant role in the heart and digestive systems as well as helpful if you want to tone and build muscle.
Lastly, if you want to build and maintain healthy muscle, increase your lean body mass, and shed fat, then this lactose free protein powder is a must-try. The recommended serving is 15 grams to 30 grams of protein per day. If you want incredible results, then take within 30 minutes of completing a workout.
What does a World-Class Bluebonnet Nutrition Whey Protein Isolate Powder do for you? It maximizes your training and supports recovery. You will crush your fitness goals and never miss training with this commercial-grade protein powder. The high absorbing concentrate has 25g high-quality protein from the 100% whey isolate protein powder that can help support you on long hours of training.
If you want a protein concentrate that is easy-mixing, fast-absorbing, and easy-digesting, then this is a suitable option. For easy use, you can mix with your high protein shake and other recipes. This boosts the keto diets, low carb diets, and other healthy diets.
Finally, this lactose free whey isolate protein concentrate has no restrictions on time for taking. Just mix with water, milk, or your favorite beverage and take it in the right dosage. For it to work well, you can take it 30 minutes after workout.
If you are searching for a clean product, then this Garden of Life Raw Organic Protein Powder is a pure nutrition powder for you. You will love the first sip since it’s nutritious and delicious. According to the manufacturer, all the Garden of Life are sourced from organic Peas, Sprouted Grains, Seeds and Legumes. Besides, they are free of artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives.
The majority of users usually mix with water, milk, or a favorite protein shake recipe. These are readily available mixers that you can use to take the protein concentrate. It is also recommended for the whole family even for young adults since it’s purely organic and packed with nutrients and minerals. Lastly, the protein powder is suitable for meal replacement, building grams of lean muscle, and smoothie boosters. Also, it aids in muscle recovery before or after workouts.
Do you want to experience the power of beef at the speed of whey? Choose MuscleMeds Carnivor Beef Protein Isolate Powder. There are various reasons for this selection. First, the protein is more concentrated than steak and guarantees 56 servings.
It is lactose-free, sugar-free, gluten-free, and fat-free. Besides, the protein concentrate is USDA certified, making it safe for use. The powder, once mixed with your favorite drink, has quick absorption. You will be sure to get results even faster. Furthermore, your protein powder has ten delicious flavors. You can choose the precise taste and enjoy the power in your protein.
Finally, this protein concentrate goes through six stages of the purification process. The process yields a delicious, easy-to-digest, and highly concentrated pure beef protein isolate, which is excellent for you to build muscle and tone muscle. So try it and let us know how it is working for you!
This lactose-free protein powder is a product by Total Activation. It is suitable for people who want to gain muscle and build strength. The 100% lactose-free whey isolate protein powder has a sweet stevia and monk fruit taste for easy consumption.
Total Activation Protein has natural flavors. Besides, it’s non-GMO, lactose-free, aspartame-free, and fat-free. The low carb with 20 calories per serving makes this a healthy protein for your body. These specific calories per serving can be mix in your favorite drinks and smoothies then enjoy the power.
This protein powder is essential in building your muscle, weight loss, burning excess fat, and boosting your immunity. We had it on our list since it’s a high protein concentrate. If you are selective about taste, then this product has a bad taste.
Orgain Organic Plant-Based Protein Powder is your pure plant-based protein powder. It is purely sourced from pea protein, opea, brown rice and chia seeds. It has 21 grams of protein, and it also 5 grams of organic dietary fiber plus 5 grams of net carbs with 0 grams of sugar for just 150 calories per serving. Therefore, excellent for muscle building and post-workout recovery without worrying for hidden calories!
This protein concentrate offers 19-20 servings. It can be mixed with water, milk, or your favorite protein shake recipe for a quick breakfast or snack drink. You can also incorporate it on your cakes cakes, muffins, brownies, or cookies which will definitely love your kids. You can take it since it is vegan certified, Non-GMO Project Verified, and NSF certified for sport. This pea protein can be added to coconut oil to your favorite smoothie for a little extra fat.
We cannot complete this review without the ALOHA Organic Vanilla Plant-Based Keto Friendly Protein Powder. The protein features 100% organic powder instantized for easy mixing. The protein is naturally flavored and contains Pea Protein, Brown Rice Protein, Pumpkin Seed Protein & Hemp Seed Protein using Coconut Sugar as natural sweetener. It is also great in a shake or smoothie, snack, and what’s more amazing is that it can be added to you favorite cupcakes or muffin to make them extra healthy.
Besides, it has 12g of naturally occurring BCAAs from Protein. The product is gluten-free and no aspartame. You will find it suitable for building lean muscle and strength and also boosting post-workout recovery.
The overall best pick is Legion Whey+ Chocolate Whey Isolate Protein Powder. The product is source from 100% grass-fed cows. Besides, it has a low carb, low calorie, non-GMO, Lactose-Free, Gluten-Free, and Sugar-Free. Moreover, it’s 100% naturally flavored and sweetened.
When it comes to pricing, the protein is affordable. You can now choose from the list what you prefer and try it today. This all-inclusive guide developed by Fitboot team aims to help you choose the perfect protein powder for you. We will be glad to hear your feedback in the comment section on how your product worked for you, if you still have any question check the Buyer’s Guide and FAQs below.
How to Choose the Perfect Lactose-Free Protein Powder?
There are things you need to consider when choosing the Best Lactose-Free Protein Powder, things such as Protein composition, BCAAs profile, and if it’s 100% Lactose-free or Gluten-free. Fitboot list down some of the key points to keep in mind before purchasing any lactose-free protein powder.
- 100% Lactose-free – Lactose intolerance is a gastric condition wherein a person does not produce enough lactaze enzyme in the small intestine to process the lactose components found in dairy products. Lactose intolerance can be severe, and products with some amount of lactose can be harmful. Therefore, sourcing for manufacturers who promise 100% lactose-free in their products is vital. A good example is a product in our review; Lactose-Free Protein Powder by Total Activation. Always check the label if it’s purely free of lactose, as well as non-GMO and gluten-free.
- High in Protein and Branded Chains Amino Acids- You should also check the amount of protein per serving. The recommended amount of protein should be 15 grams of BCAA-rich protein per serving or more. This will help you to recover quickly and also build strong muscles. It is always ideal to go for Whey Protein Isolate which is usually less expensive but can be easily absorbed by the body.
- No Artificial Sweeteners – Sugar is essential in various body functions. However, it can prove to be a limiting factor in muscle-building efforts. Powder proteins with zero sugar work promote muscle building and overall body energy. Also, make sure that the protein powder you’re taking whether pea protein, whey protein, or vegan protein should not consist of any artificial sweetener.
- Reputable Brand – In this review, we picked the best and most sought after protein powder brands. The reason you need to choose the high ranking brands is that they have a reputation especially if they are intended for lactose-intolerant people. You can quickly get information online on how people are speaking about it.
- Quantity and Quality – How much is your protein? The quantity determines the number of grams per serving, and this predicts the number of days it will serve you. Therefore, a large amount of protein is vital since it will meet your basic requirements for a long time. Always ask your dietitian or doctor the amount of protein powder you should consume to keep you on the safest level of consumption.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Lactose-free Protein Powder?
Whey protein powders are usually by-product of cheese making process, so it naturally contains some amount of lactose. But even if you are lactose-intolerant, you can still consume whey protein since manufacturers have developed lactose-free protein powders. These protein powders are same supplements that supports muscle building and toning without any form of dairy byproducts in its composition.
Keep in mind that these protein powders also differs in lactose composition. Whey protein concentrate usually has the highest lactose composition ranging from 29-89 percent of the protein. While Whey protein has 90 percent protein by weight so it naturally contains less lactose. On the other hand, if you are looking for a protein with lowest lactose composition then choose hydrolyzed whey which consist 90-95 percent protein and smallest portion of lactose.
What are the other alternatives of Lactose-Free Protein Powder?
- Whey Protein Isolate- We have reviewed the Legion Whey, and it’s a suitable alternative. Note that essential whey is dangerous, and therefore, the whey isolate is the one useful and contains a high concentration of protein.
- Brown Rice Protein- The Optimum Nutrition has brown rice protein as part of the ingredients. Naturally, brown rice is free of lactose. When mixed with other ingredients, you are confident of getting a high protein concentrate.
- Pea Protein-The Orgain Organic offers a good option for the pea protein. Yellow peas are naturally lactose-free. When combined with other ingredients, it forms a complete concentrate for you.
- Soy Protein- We reviewed the Soy Protein and hence a suitable plant protein. Soy protein comes from soybeans, which are lactose-free. When combined with other plant ingredients, you will taste the best protein isolate.
- Beef Protein- The in-depth details about the MuscleMeds Carnivor in this write-up make it an excellent beef protein for you. It comes from the hooves, hides, ears, ligaments, and cattle bones. This might be a turn off in case you emphasize the ingredients. Most importantly, the protein works well for muscle mass and recovery.
What are the benefits of Lactose-free Protein Powder?
Lactose-free protein aids in weight loss, lowering cholesterol and boosts immune. You can reap the same benefits of the regular protein powder supplements you can find in the market, except that it doesn’t cause bloating, gas, stomach cramps, and diarrhea since the lactose component has been removed.
What is the recommended daily intake of Lactose-free Protein Powder?
This depends on your fitness and health goals. Even so, athletes and endurance trainers have variations in their dosage. Generally, a protein intake of 1.2 to 1.7 grams per kilogram of body mass per day is excellent for athletes. Furthermore, 1.2 to 1.4 grams of protein per kilogram of body mass per day works for endurance athletes.