If you are looking for an exercise machine that is both easy to use and capable of giving you a great workout, look no further than that of the Recumbent Bikes. Now you may wonder, which is the best exercise bike in the market today?
Taking every category, such as adaptability, overall appeal, usefulness, and value for money, we are confident to say that the Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike is the best among the rest. We can go as far as saying that if you do have the money for it, go for the Schwinn!
But if you are tight on budget and looking for a bike that is more affordable, then switch to Exerpeutic Bluetooth Smart Cloud High Capacity Recumbent Bike. For just less than $120, you can still get the best workout experience possible.
Best Recumbent Exercise Bikes at a Glance
Table of Contents
- LCD – 2 DualTrack blue backlit LCD screens
- Resistance – 25 resistance levels
- Weight Capacity – 300 lbs weight limit
- Dimension – 50 in. L x 27 in. W x 64 in. H x 93 lbs
- Warranty – Frame: 10 years | Mechanical: 2 years | Electronics: 1 year | Labor: 90 days
- Quality – heavy-duty, quality and sturdy material
- Special Feature – Dual LCD display, Media shelf, Console speakers with an MP3 input port, USB media charging, and adjustable fan
Right off the bat, we present to you our top overall pick for the best recumbent exercise bikes for 2020 – The Schwinn 270 Recumbent bike! This exercise bike gets our vote because it hits all the categories we want out of an excellent machine right off the park. What we most like about it is the preinstalled 29 pre-programmed workout features.
It also syncs seamlessly via Bluetooth with Schwinn’s dedicated trainer app, as well as the other fitness tracking apps available today. It comes with DualTrack LCDs on top of console speakers with a dedicated MP3 input port. Smooth, easy to start up, has 25 levels of workout intensity options, and perfect for consistent workouts – you will never be wrong with this bike.
If you are looking for a recumbent exercise bike that is worth your every penny, then there is none better than this one. Despite its excellent functionality and a vast number of helpful features, it still has the best price. For just less than $600, you can get the recumbent bike that we think is best in the market.
This is one of the best and highly recommended for larger and heavier folks who want to purchase a sturdy and high-quality recumbent bike. With that said, in terms of value for money, this bike is not only the best among the other bikes it also beats every product available in the market today.
- LCD – tracks time, distance, calories burned, speed, and heart rate.
- Resistance levels – 8-level tension control system
- Weight Capacity – 300 lbs
- Dimension – 33 in. L x 19 in. W x 46 in. H x 43 lbs
- Warranty – Frame: 1 year | Mechanical: 90 days | Electronics: 90 days | Labor: 90 days
- Quality – Foldable, high-quality sturdy frame and parts
- Special Features – built with high torque 3-piece torque crank system, heart pulse and double drive transmission system
For just less than $120 on Amazon, you could already get your hands on this excellent yet budget-friendly recumbent exercise bike. If you are quite low on budget but still in the pursuit of the most cost-effective Recumbent Bike there is, then we believe that this workout machine would suit you perfectly. It is a foldable Recumbent Bike with a quiet V-belt double-drive transmission system on top of a precise flywheel and eight adjustable levels of magnetic tension control.
Being the cheapest among our list of recumbent exercise bikes, we believe that this excellent recumbent bike gives you more than its actual worth. Despite it lacking the now-norms of the modern exercise bikes such as Bluetooth connectivity features and pre-programmed workouts, it is still one of the best and we still honestly believe that it is worth your money and your time.
- LCD – tracks time, distance, speed, heart rate with calorie calculator
- Resistance levels – 8 levels of resistance
- Weight Capacity – 350 lbs user weight
- Dimension – 60 in. L x 25.5 in W x 52 in. H x 94.8 lbs
- Warranty – Frame: 3 years | Mechanical: 180 days | Electronics: 180 days
- Quality – High-quality materials but a bit heavy and bulky
- Special Features – recumbent bike has thickly padded movable handlebars, extra padding on the seat, seat lever, transportation wheels, LCD monitor with a tablet holder and heart rate tracker
For the cross-fitness enthusiasts out there, this Sunny Health and Fitness Recumbent Bike – SF-RB4708 is what you should be getting. For less than $300 on Amazon, you could already get this superb recumbent exercise bike along with its genuinely amazing features. This includes movable handlebars, so that you may work some sweat off your arms as well as eight varying levels of magnetic resistance to cater to different types of workouts. The fact that you may move your arms along with the usual cycling of the feet enables the user to have a more balanced and intense exercise than the other entries on this list.
The Sunny Health and Fitness Recumbent Bike enables a person to workout virtually its whole body. Value for money wise, for no more than $300, we still think it’s excellent and worth every penny. Despite that this recumbent bike doesn’t have any back-lit LCD monitor or other enticing features like the Schwinn 270 Bike, this exercise bike can still be worth your money – especially if you are getting into cross-fitness and killer work-out routines.
- LCD – LCD displays distance, calories burned, time, speed, scan, and pulse.
- Resistance levels- 8 levels Magnetic Tension control system
- Weight Capacity – 220 lbs.
- Dimension – 36 in. L x 23 in. W x 44 in. H x 47 lbs.
- Warranty – 30 days full product warranty
- Quality – heavy-duty steel frame
- Special Features – Space-saving and Foldable design with transportation wheels, hand pulse sensors tracks heart rate, LCD with a tablet or phone holder and large pedals
Are you living in a small condo? Perhaps working out on tight spaces? Such circumstances should not hinder your quest for better cardio. The Xspec Upgraded Dual Recumbent Upright Indoor Cycling Foldable enables you to receive just that in the tightest of spaces.
With its foldable nature, compact frame and transport wheels, you may easily slide and roll it anywhere in a given room. Better yet, why not use it as your actual seat for your dedicated study room. That way, you may work out your body as well as your brains at the same time. It’s not just how much that you should answer when purchasing a Recumbent Bike for your own. Of course, the place where you would be using it should be factored in as well. If you do happen to live in a compact condo or conducting your bikes exercise routines in a small room, then we highly recommend the Xspec Upgraded Dual Recumbent and Upright Bike.
For just less than $200, you’d already have an excellent exercise recumbent bike that can enhance your Quadriceps, Hamstrings Calves, and Glutes and would fit in well with your room while also capable of providing you with the greatest of workouts.
Just because Recumbent Bikes are perfect for fitness beginners does not necessarily mean that exercise enthusiasts should shy away from it. If you are one of those individuals who are looking for a challenge within their very workouts, then Marcy is the right recumbent bike for you!
This is what we honestly think as the best suit for a heavy load to high-intensity exercise bike workout among this list. Challenge yourself by cranking up the resistance level of this machine as you work the sweat off as hard and as intense as you want. Even though some fitness enthusiasts like Marcy Recumbent Bike for heavy exercise, you can set it to low-intensity exercise that can suit seniors. Low-intensity exercise is good for injury rehabilitation and to facilitate a range of motion for older adults.
You can already get this bad boy for less than $200 on Amazon. Considering that this exercise machine would most likely appeal to the fitness enthusiasts, that value for money ratio is indeed superb. It is also suitable for intense whole body workout through its adjustable 8 level resistance system. The equipment is built with high-quality sturdy materials that are worth every penny.
- LCD – displays QuickSet program keys and message center
- Resistance levels – 16-levels of resistance
- Weight Capacity – 300 lbs.
- Dimension – 64 in. L x 23 in. W x 50 in. H x 125 lbs.
- Warranty – Frame: Lifetime| Mechanical: 3 years| Electronics: 3 years| Labor: 90 days
- Quality – Solid steel magnetic flywheel and steel-crafted components
- Special Features – installed MP3 Connectivity, Personal cooling fans, Foldout magazine rack sleeve, scrolling message center, and adjustable Console Tilt
The Diamondback 910SR Fitness has been in the market for such a long time now for a reason. Year in and year out, it stands consistently as one of the highest sellers in the Recumbent Bike market. Not only that, but we also believe it to be the best to use for individuals who may have persistent back pains.
This exercise bike boasts a fully adjustable seat and backrest height to enable personalized and optimal workouts while also providing comprehensive support for the back and buttocks. On top of that, it has 16 levels of magnetic resistance in which you can transition smoothly from one level to the next as well as 20 pre-programmed exercises that include heart rate promotion.
The Diamondback 910SR Fitness’ price in Amazon today is $500. Yes, countless more options are indeed cheaper than this. However, in terms of value for money – it does not look that bad. This Recumbent Bike does not require you to have a back that is in perfect condition for it to be usable. In fact, it successfully encourages those that have chronic back pain to go ahead and use the machine.
In conclusion, we firmly stand with our opinion that the Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike is the undisputed best in the market today. The Schwinn 270 does not only hit all the right places – it exceeds them! In terms of the value, it can give you on top of the added features built within the machine; you can never go wrong purchasing this Recumbent Bike.
What we definitely like about it is the preinstalled 29 pre-programmed workout features. It is compatible with most fitness tracking apps available today aside from Schwinn’s trainer app. It comes with DualTrack LCDs on top of console speakers with a dedicated MP3 input port. Smooth, easy to start up, has 25 levels of workout intensity options, and perfect for consistent workouts. The bikes listed here are all fantastic in their own right, but Schwinn has been industry’s proven and built to last.
In buying the best recumbent bike, you must consider your budget, features that you are looking for, durability and functionality. We hope that this review gives you an idea if you’re planning to buy for the best recumbent bike in the market.
What features to look for in choosing the perfect Recumbent Bikes?
- Data Tracking & Downloadable Data – A lot of spin bikes offer many display features but some of them don’t allow to download workout data like time, distance, speed, and calories burned. It is a good option to look for spin bikes that can be connected to Bluetooth or can be sync on fitness apps.
- Resistance Adjustment – The level of resistance will vary depending on the brand of Recumbent Bike, but if you are looking for recumbent bikes that can support high-intensity workout, then look for a bike that has higher resistance levels. Some resistance levels are also designed for moderate workouts only and for the rehabilitation of injuries.
- Pre-Programmed Workouts – Most of the recumbent bikes in the market offer pre-installed workout programs, some are equipped with live streaming workout videos. It is always better to choose the ones that have a pre-installed workout so that you can plan your workout easily.
- Speakers and Fans – Long hours of the workout will tend to run down any machine, so choose a recumbent bike that can accommodate high-intensity and long hours of workout. Built-in fans can cool down the machine of the bike as you operate it, while speakers can make the workout more fun. Nobody wants to work out and leave out of boredom, right?
- Flywheels – In choosing the right recumbent bike, the flywheel plays an important part in the machine. You need a durable flywheel if you want to have a steady momentum during your workout. The heavier the flywheel the smoother the cycling motions become. However, the downside of a heavy flywheel is that it takes a little longer to completely halt the cycling process. Users report that the range of 30-50 lbs of flywheel weight is enough to produce a smooth workout.
- Adjustable Seat Position – When using a recumbent bike, it’s important to have a good seating position to achieve a proper workout. An adjustable seat will support your back and reduce the risk of injury. Choose a recumbent bike that gave a padded seat that comfortable enough to endure longer workouts.
- Warranty – You wouldn’t want to buy a recumbent bike that will crack or tear after months of use. Sometimes you need to choose a bike that has a longer warranty coverage in case some parts become defective. The good thing is some recumbent bikes offer a lifetime warranty which is a testament to their quality and durability.
- Weight Capacity – Some recumbent bikes offer a large weight capacity than others, some are small enough to hold larger people and vice versa. It is important to know the weight capacity of the bike so that you can fully enjoy using it and avoid any unnecessary breakage or injury.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is A Recumbent Bike?
A Recumbent Bike is a kind of exercise equipment that you can find at the gym or even bring home for use. It is a bicycle that places its rider in a relaxed, laid-back reclining position. Its design type is for ergonomic reasons such as it distributes the weight of the user evenly and comfortably while also fully supporting your back and buttocks.
Most recumbent models today have an aerodynamic advantage – the legs-forward position of the user’s body brings in a smaller frontal profile. Recumbent Bicycles are available in a broad and diverse range of configurations. Such includes long to the short wheelbase, large, small, under-seat and overseat, and many more.
How Do Recumbent Bikes Work?
Recumbent bikes – or in simpler terms, exercise bikes, may look as if they are easy cardio. After all, all you have to do is sit there and work your legs out, right? Looks can be downright deceiving with this machine, however.
Countless studies have now suggested that recumbent bikes do indeed provide a serious workout. It can improve one’s muscle strength, power, and functional abilities in just a matter of eight weeks.
This workout machine is perfect for those new to cardio in general because of its ease of use and other entertainment features that come with it. As for experienced exercisers, they are given a choice to adjust pedaling speed, intensifying the resistance of the pedals, and more – to provide a greater workout punch.
Benefits of using Recumbent Bikes?
Without a doubt, Recumbent Bikes are useful stationary equipment to improve our cardiovascular fitness. Not only that, it also makes sure to promote muscle strength and can restore your motion range. Here are some of the benefits attributed to the use of Recumbent Bikes.
- It has less stress on the joints
- It has full back support in both low and high impact bike workouts
- The reclined body position provides comfort on the lumbar spine; making it an ideal workout tool for those that have injuries on the lower back
- The incline settings can simulate bike riding up or down a hill
- It is a safe and effective way to rehab an existing injury
- The bike’s levels of resistance and speed make sure that it can fit the user’s wants and needs