Spin Bikes are a popular way to get your cardio when bike riding outside isn’t suitable. These indoor bikes come in all shapes and sizes – some even replicate real biking paths around the world.
We reviewed many of these bikes to help you pick the best one available. After careful consideration, the Nordictrack Commercial S22i Studio Cycle reached the top as the best one for most users. Its digital display keeps up with everything you might need, and the magnetic belt drive makes changing the resistance quick and easy.
We also liked the Marcy Revolution Cycle XJ-3220, which has very comfortable seating. Not to mention the smooth flywheel and ergonomic handlebars that will surely help you maximize your riding experience. It is also made with high-quality material that is built to last.
Best Spin Bikes at a Glance
|Nordictrack Commercial S22i Studio Cycle||573 Reviews||CHECK CURRENT PRICE|
|Marcy Club Revolution Bike Cycle Trainer for Cardio Exercise XJ-3220||387 Reviews||CHECK CURRENT PRICE|
|ProGear 300BT Exercise Bike/Indoor Training Cycle with Bluetooth Smart Technology & Free App||20 Reviews||CHECK CURRENT PRICE|
|Keiser M3i Indoor Cycle Bundle||252 Reviews||CHECK CURRENT PRICE|
|Schwinn IC2 Indoor Cycling Bike||586 Reviews||CHECK CURRENT PRICE|
Table of Contents
- Dimensions: 52.2 in L x 23.6 in Wx 54.3 in H
- Resistance: Magnetic
- Weight Capacity: 300 pounds
- Warranty: Frame: Lifetime | Parts: 3 Year| Labor: 1 Year
Are you looking for the best spin bike you can use at home? Well, Nordic Track S22i has everything you might be looking for. This spin bike has a very in-depth digital display that tracks your fitness progress, it also comes with a 1-year free Interactive Personal Training subscription powered by iFit. Plus, it also has an enormous weight capacity of 350 lbs. that can surely accommodate even the larger individuals.
It uses the SMR Silent Magnetic Resistance and has 13 different resistance levels. You can switch between all the resistance levels pretty quickly, while the 360° Rotating Screen can help you stream high-energy studio workout sessions at the comfort of your home. Fitboot believes this Spin Bike is equipped with the best features and almost everything a fitness enthusiast is craving for, thus making it the top pick on the list. And don’t forget the free 3 lbs dumbbells is such a win-win!
- Dimensions: 40 in L x 20.5 in W x 43 in H
- Resistance: Felt Pad
- Weight Capacity: 300 lbs
- Warranty: Parts and Labor: 1 Year
This spin bike has a lower price tag than our top pick, for less than $300 you’ll get a very durable commercial-grade spin bike that is resistant to rust and erosion. Who doesn’t want a bike that’s built to last, right?
The Marcy Spin Bike comes with a very comfortable, ergonomic handlebars and seat that resembles the seat on your typical road bike. It is equipped with a durable and heavy flywheel that produces a very smooth ride. This indoor cycling bike can support 300 lbs user weight and it’s very safe to use since it features a quick-stop mechanism that allows you to halt the heavy flywheel’s motion easily. Own this spin bike and enjoy being fit in the comfort of your home!
- Dimensions: 43.5 in. L x 20 in. W x 49 in. H
- Resistance: Chain Drive System
- Weight Capacity: 275 lbs
- Warranty: Frame: 1-year | Parts and Labor: 90 days
For the features it has, this indoor cycling bike has a price range that is quite cheap. It is far cheaper than much of the competition but has everything you need for a decent workout, including a pulse sensor and heart rate monitor and a 4-way adjustable seat. Its flywheel is made of Cast iron with a chrome rim weighing 30 lbs that produce a smooth and consistent indoor cycling motion. If you want a more aggressive workout then use the easy dial tension knob, and don’t worry about safety. It features a top-down emergency brake that can halt the cycling motion safely.
For a price range of less than $400, you’ll get the same features you’re looking for over the more expensive Indoor Cycling Bikes. But since this exercise bike is on the more affordable side, you’ll get a lesser maximum user weight of 275 lbs. However, comparing the features and the durability, this is still an excellent option for any fitness pro.
- Dimensions: 45 in L x 26in W x 49 in H
- Resistance: Magnetic
- Weight Capacity: 300 lbs
- Warranty: All-Inclusive 3-year warranty
As one of the few bikes on the market with Bluetooth compatibility, this Keiser M3i exercise bike is an excellent choice for those looking for a more interactive experience. It connects to the Keiser M Series app, which allows you to train with real-time graphs and range dials. For a 300 lbs maximum user weight capacity, it can accommodate bigger fitness pro.
This Keiser m3i Spin Bike features the industry’s first V-shape frame which mimics different road-bike frames. This pro indoor bike feature allows the seat and handlebars to be adjusted in order to accommodate riders of 4’10” up to 7 feet tall hence producing a smooth ride. Its resistance levels can be adjusted easily to assist any bike exercise, and its heavy flywheel and belt drive gives a very smooth ride. Ensuring every user the highest durability and virtually maintenance-free feature, this indoor cycling bike will give you the satisfaction of performing the best workout right at the comfort of your home.
- Dimensions: 45 in L x 23 in H x 49 in W x 93.5 lbs
- Resistance: Felt pad
- Weight Capacity: 250 lbs
- Warranty: Frame: 5 years | Parts: 2 years | Labor: 90 days
With plenty of added features, this is a spin bike or indoor cycle that is suitable for those who are looking for low-intensity workouts. It comes with an over sized water bottle holder and media tray, allowing you to fit most of your belongings. The seat is fully adjustable and race-style with a maximum user weight of 250 lbs. It has a infinite resistance that can be easily adjusted depending on the bikes exercise you’re training for.
However, it doesn’t offer any fancy LCD console where you can stream live workout sessions. That’s why the manufacturer designed the built-in LCD to provide all the essential workout stats you need to see. The generous LCD console displays heart rate, as well as standard metrics like time, distance, calories, and RPMs.
It has a 31 lb. flywheel that provides a smooth cycling motion that mimics the feeling like you’re riding through rolling hills. This pro indoor cycle is greatly appreciated for its quiet ride, easy to assemble features, durable flywheel and easy to adjust magnetic resistance. This pro indoor cycling bike will give you the benefits of low-intensity but highly productive workout.
Out of all the spin bikes we reviewed, it was quite clear that the Nordictrack Commercial S22i Studio Cycle is the best option for most health fitness enthusiasts. This indoor cycle will have all the features you need to enjoy your workout, without a considerable price tag. Plus, it uses magnetic resistance, which makes transitions smoother. Overall, this spin bike is just the best spin bike option for most users, thanks to its balance between features and price. It is durable and comes with all those helpful add-ons, like a display screen and water bottle holder.
This indoor cycle also has a large maximum user weight to accommodate bigger athletes, a powerful flywheel and adjustable resistance. It also comes with an ergonomically designed adjustable seat and handlebars to facilitate long hours of workout. Although some health fitness enthusiasts find the price point a bit expensive compared to other spin bike, its robust features justify its price. This pro indoor cycling bike will give you the best workouts at home and it is truly built to last.
How to choose the right spin bike?
Gym membership fee nowadays has been continuously increasing and it’s also time-consuming to travel back and forth to a gym in a busy city. So it’s not a bad idea to invest in a Spin Bike and enjoy working out at the comfort of your home. Unlike regular stationary bikes, working out in an indoor bike is quite intense. It involves movement in your hips, thighs, calves, waist, and shoulders. It is specially designed for weight-loss programs providing a full-body workout. Due to its popularity, a lot of spin bike or indoor bike models are being sold in the market, but as a smart user, you need to know what makes a good spin bike.
In choosing the perfect spin bike, you must check if the spin bike has a sturdy frame that can support you during the workout. Some spin bikes are built with cast iron frame or stainless steel, any of which is proven sturdy and can stand long hours of workout. The level of resistance which is vital to achieving a great workout depends on the brand, some brands have high magnetic resistance levels while some are made only to accommodate light to moderate workout. Pedals and seat must also be checked if they are comfortable enough to protect you from sore blisters or any untoward injury during the workout.
The spin bike or indoor bike is also excellent for interval training sessions, whereby users alternate between high intensity and low-intensity workouts to improve metabolism and burn calories faster. Other features you need to consider when purchasing a spin bike are the digital features, like an LCD console that tracks and records distance, time, speed and calories burned. Some bike models have Built-in speakers, heart rate monitor, bottle holder, media shelves, durable belt drive, and transport wheels for easy storage. The best thing about a Spin Bike is that it’s virtually maintenance-free aside from the routine dusting and oiling. Therefore, Fitboot highly recommends investing on a Spin Bike, this machine can greatly help you achieve the best workout possible.
What to look for when buying a spin bike?
When choosing a spin bike, there are a couple of things you should keep in mind.
- Price: Consider your price range. You can purchase some bikes for around $100, but others can go for thousands. Of course, the more expensive the bike, the more features it typically has. However, if you don’t need all those extra features, you could very well be over-paying for stuff you don’t need.
- Digital Features: Take into account the bike’s computer and other technology features. Practically every bike has a display screen and computer of some sort. This screen keeps track of how long you’ve been working out and similar factors. However, others have BlueTooth capabilities as well that allows them to record and download health fitness data. Some spin bikes also offer a pulse rate monitor to track your cardiac output.
- Magnetic Resistance levels: How many magnetic resistance levels do the bike have? The higher the resistance levels, the smaller the gap will be between levels, allowing you to work your way up slowly. Some don’t have correct resistance levels and instead increase at very slight increments. So choose a spin bike that has an accurate resistance level, a durable belt drive and a balanced flywheel to accommodate your workout.
- Flywheel: Look at the bike’s flywheel. The weight of the flywheel is particularly important – heavier is usually better. A heavier flywheel carries its momentum easier and smooths out the up-and-down motion of the pedals, which makes the workout easier on your joints. It can also overcome the resistance of the friction pad easier.
- Seat, Handles, and Pedals: Of course, the seat, handlebars, and pedals are also significant. They should be comfortable and durable, as they’ll take the brunt of the workout. Seat placement is also vital. Preferably, the seat should be adjustable as well as the handlebars. Look for spin bikes that have padded seat and handle to prevent you from unnecessary sore and blisters. Lastly, don’t forget to check if the spin bike has a water bottle holder, this will facilitate easier workout routines.
Frequently Asked Questions
Spin Bike vs. Upright Bike: What’s the difference?
If you are searching for the best bike to help you with your fitness routine then you must know first what is the difference between a spin bike and an upright bike. Spin Bikes are well-known to replicate road bike movements, they will allow users to move into different workout positions that will help in burning more calories and intensifying the levels of workout. While the major difference when it comes to Upright Bikes, unlike spin bikes, upright bikes are not made to do the same. They do not allow users to stand up because seats, handles, and pedals are not built for it. They are more of the stationary types where you can just simply ride it, they are also less expensive than spin bikes. If you want a more serious exercise then you should choose a spin bike since it provides a high level of intensity and resistance during the workout.
What is Indoor Cycling?
Cycling is a great way to exercise your legs and meet your aerobic exercise minimum for the day. However, it is not always appropriate to take your bike outside. No one wants to ride out in the rain, after all. This is where indoor cycling comes in. The spin bike or indoor bike is very similar to regular bikes, except they just “spin.” They are entirely stationary and designed for indoor use only. It is also easier to do group classes on these machines because everyone stays together. Also, the instructor is easier to hear without all the wind in your ears.
What are the benefits of using a Spin Bike?
There are quite a few benefits to indoor cycling as well. Here are some reasons those both old and new to fitness might opt for a spin bike:
- Varying Degrees of Intensity: The difficulty on spin bikes can be easily adjusted, no matter where you live and what the terrain looks like outside. If you live in a hilly area, you may find it challenging to get started on a road bike out. However, with a spin bike, you can turn the difficulty way down to get started. Similarly, if you live in an impossibly flat area, you can turn the difficulty up without traveling to that one hill in your neighborhood.
- Burns Calories Fast: Spin bikes burn calories quite fast when compared to other indoor gym equipment. Of course, it depends on exactly how intense you’re working out. If you travel at a minimum of 8 miles per hour, you’ll burn over 800 calories an hour. Although spin bikes resemble closely to a road bike, still the level of resistance will depend on the build of the spin bike, as well as the durability of the flywheel. Choose an indoor cycle with a heavy flywheel to achieve a high-intensity workout that increases heart rate and burns more calories.
- Improve Cardio and Muscle Resistance: Spin bikes work both your legs and your lungs, allowing you to diversify your workout and increase your endurance. If you get a spin bike, you can stand upon, and you can work for even more muscle groups. Some of the best spin bike have varying resistance levels that can improve the intensity of the workout.
- Reduce Stress Levels: Exercise can reduce stress levels substantially, as it gives your body a way to work through some of the fight-and-flight mechanisms often associated with stress. If you have a spin bike with easy access at home, you have a comfortable and healthy way to relax after a long day at work.